So what does Radio's overall Facebook Presence look like?
What are we posting and what is working?
All of these are questions I'm sure everyone is asking as they decide how much effort and time Facebook is worth. To get a picture I built a Facebook Page that only I can access and it is tracking 14 stations in Rock, CHR, Country, and AC formats to get a picture of what is posted each week and what the audience reaction in Likes and Comments is.
Let's take a look at Wednesday 1/18/12 with an analysis taken around 10a Eastern. The tracking on my Newsfeed here goes back to Sunday posts - so around 60 hours. Here are some tracking facts:
- There were 85 posts in the News Feed - that's an average of 6 posts per station in the roughly 2 day period - so maybe 3-4 posts a day on the average.
- Here is a rundown of the type of posts in the News Feed:
- Station Liners - Plugs for contests, music features, etc - 27 or 32%
- Questions - "Are you watching American Idol" etc - 12 or 14%
- News/Info - Links to Videos, funny Pictures or News facts - 30 or 35%
- Personality Posts - 'On my 2nd cup of Coffee need more' - 8 or 9%
- Music News - Posts on upcoming releases, artist news -- 8 or 9%
- Top 5 reaction posts:
- Station Contest - Trip to Hawaii in LA - 152 Likes
- News - Justin Bieber goes Brunette 155 Likes and 80 comments
- News - Kholhe K's ex gets cheers at Lakers Game in LA - 436 Like
- News - Pop bands logos in Heavy/Death Metal Fonts - 184 Like, 61 Comment, 38 Shares
- Question - State wants to ban PJs in Public - 70 Likes and 185 Comments