Everyone at ESPN must be putting in 90 hour weeks right now. Fall is sports fan paradise:
- World Series/Playoffs for the next 5-6 weeks
- College Football in the middle of a competitive season.
- Pro Football rounding the first turn and building steam
- NASCAR - Building towards it's Nextel Cup race - a great gimmick to keep NASCAR in the running with all the other events
- Tiger Woods - Ryder Cup - and next year Golf adds a Fed Ex Cup race just like the Nextel/NASCAR trick.
- Hockey - Just starting - bigger news in Canada than the U.S.
If you look at the weekends right now it's wall to wall football and now with baseball in playoffs/series - we'll need 4 TVs just to keep up.
Ever wonder how much this hurts Rock radio stations. So many hours spent on sports by Men 18-49 clearly cuts into the attention span for rock music stations. Fall Ratings are nearly always in a downtrend for Rock radio and all this time spent with Sports is clearly a big reason. Gotta run - Jetter just went 5 for 5 with a HR as the Yankees dust off the team I grew up with - the Tigers.